CSK vs MI
Starts at 08:00 PM , 07 April
IPL 2018 , Mumbai
Lookback into IPL 10 –
– WELCOME TO IPL 2018 THE 2 MONTH SAGA WHERE FANTASY FREAKS GEAR UP TO FIGHT OTHERS.
– If we go back to the previous season It was Mumbai Indians who clinched the trophy from now defunct Rising Pune Supergiant’s in the last ball thanks to some heroics from Mitchell Johnson and Bhumrah in the last over.
– Talking about the table topping players it was David Warner with the bat who amassed 600+ runs and with the ball it was Bhuvi with 20+ wickets.
Team Tracker –
– Mumbai Indians have been practicing really hard at the Wankhede for past of weeks now.
– They look in good form and certainly are the favorites to win the trophy again this time.
– During the press conference Rohit Was tight lipped about the combination but we have got it covered for you in the Probable XI.
– CSK are returning after 2 years to the IPL and are certainly looking to get back into their groove and to show everyone that they haven’t lost it just yet.
– They were busy with practice games almost every day at the Chepauk before arriving at Mumbai a couple of days back.
– Sam Billings and Raina were really impressive in the practice with hitting a fifty each and Tahir with a 4/14 in one of those games.
Team Head to Head
Overall: Matches – 22
Mumbai Indians won – 12
Chennai Super Kings won – 10
Team News –
– During the pre-match conference Rohit confirmed that big hitting West Indian EVIN LEWIS and young ISHAN KISHAN would open the innings for the season opener.
– Players like Krunal, Hardik and Pollard are all confirmed starters for the opening match
– Pat Cummins might just be rested for the first game since he has just arrived from SA after that grueling series. M Rahman and Mclenaghan are expected to lead the pace attack.
– They might prefer R Chahar over A Dhananjay as a spinner, so they can take overseas pacers.
– As for the position of Rohit in the batting order it is most likely Number 3 for the first game.
– Players like Krunal, Pollard and Hardik can be promoted up the order in final overs.
– Coach Stephan Fleming has confirmed that FAF won’t be taking part in the first game due to a finger injury he picked up against Australia and MSD might just be promoted up the order.
– Lungi Ngidi and Mark Wood have arrived but their participation in the first game is not yet confirmed as per the Coach due stress related issues.
– Murali Vijay and Watson are slated to open for the Superkings with Raina being their number 3.
– MSD will most likely bat at number 4 and they could be tempted to use Rayudu as a floater, as we have seen he is a good finisher.
– With Spinners like R Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh and K Jadhav already in team, they can prefer either M Wood or L Ngidi over Imran Tahir.
Pitch Report –
– The match is in Wankhede the MI Fortress for the last 10 years.
– Don’t expect any turn it is a true Batting pitch.
– There might be some movement initially but it doesn’t matter in short format games.
– All in all, it’s BELTER made for batting so don’t expect anything less than 175 in the first innings.
Probable Playing XI –
(In Batting Order)
E Lewis, Ishan Kishan, Rohit Sharma, Krunal Pandya, K Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav, H Pandya, M Rahman, J Bumrah, R Chahar, M Mclenaghan
Players Info –
– Evin Lewis – Explosive opener who has come to reckoning in recent times during the World Cup qualifiers.
– Ishan Kishan – Played for Gujrat Lions in the last season but he has certainly improved after that torrid season with GL and has got a 100 off 36 balls in a T20 game for charity which included likes of Bhumrah.
– Rohit Sharma – This guy doesn’t need any intro.
– Suryakumar Yadav – Was in good form during Syed Mustaq T20 and Vijay Hazare trophy.
– Kieron Pollard – The mainstay in the Mumbai team for too long now and will most likely play as a specialist batsman this season with an over or two here and there.
– Krunal Pandya – Excellent allrounder who is known for his explosive batting with some great variations in his left arm spin. He can also be promoted to upper order.
– Hardik Pandya – Indian Pollard doesn’t need intro
– Mitchell McClenaghan – Experienced T20 bowler who was with the Cup Winning team last season.
– M Rahman – Known as the FIZZZ thanks to his toe crushing yorkers and the slower ones certainly the one to watch out for.
– Jasprit Bhumrah – Death over specialist. He can take wickets in bunch
– Rahul Chahar – Really good leg spinner who is a definite starter given their shortage in spin department.
S Watson, M Vijay, S Raina, MSD, S Billings, K Jadhav, DJ Bravo, R Jadeja, H Singh, S Takur, M Wood/L Ngidi
Players Info –
– Shane Watson – Top class allrounder who was in really good form during the PSL both with bat and ball.
– Murali Vijay – Been away from cricket for a while. But definitely a consistent batsman, he might not knock the ball out of ground but is known for his classic Batting.
– Suresh Raina – Was in blistering form during the practice games and will look to continue that.
– MSD – Thalaiva Doesn’t need a intro.
– Sam Billings – Great T20 batsman who is always busy at the crease certainly the one to watch out for.
– Kedar Jadhav – Good batsman who can provide some spin as well.
– R Jadeja – Highly effective allrounder. Been away from cricket for a while.
– DJ Bravo – Not in good form lately. Although a Game changing player who is good with both and ball as well.
– Harbhajan Singh – Man who knows Wankhede as good as the curator been there for 10 years.
– Imran Tahir – Took 4/14 in the practice game and looks good for more in the real game.
– Shardul Thakur – Went for too many in the practice match and will be looking to amend that.
Team Blueprint –
(Use this section to make your own Team)
MSD (Will Bat at No. 4)
Ishan Kishan (Opener) (Credit saver) (C VC GL)
Suresh Raina (Must have) (In form) (C VC)
Rohit Sharma (Must have) (Number 3) (Backbone of the team) (C VC)
K Pollard (Impact player) (Can score some quick runs in final overs)
Evin Lewis (Must have) (In Really good form)
M Vijay (Expected to open)
Sam Billings (Can score well if gets a chance)
Shane Watson (C VC) (Must have) (Premium allrounder)
DJ Bravo (Best death bowler and Fielder)
Krunal Pandya (Good allrounder. Can bat 2-3 down)
Hardik Pandya (Can give good finish and bowl part time)
Jasprit Bhumrah (Safe C VC) (Must have) (Top T20 bowler)
Shardul Thakur (Definite starter) (Must have) (Credit Saver)
M Rahman (Definite starter) (Death over specialist)
Rahul Chahar (Good leg spinner)
Harbhajan Singh (Definite starter)
Expert Advice –
General Tips –
– We highly recommend you to take less foreign players for a starting match.
– Death over specialist will look good in your bowling card, and they will be safe choice for C VC in H2H leagues.
– Ishan Kishan seems to be the man for me in the WK section due to form and his batting position which is opening so obviously he will get more balls to face.
– Although MSD can provide a good finish.
– Suresh Raina and Rohit Sharma have to be there in your team if you are playing Small Leagues due to their impact and form in the recent months.
– You can consider dropping Evin Lewis but it could prove fatal given the pitch is flat and he has been in excellent form off lately.
– You can consider picking Pollard but that has to come at the cost of an opener like Murali Vijay.
– Sam Billings is certainly an option if you are playing Grand League.
– Shane Watson is the must have picks from the AR section given his impact in this format and thing with him is, he will open and will give you 4 overs so definitely a choice for C VC
– For the 2nd spot you can either choose Krunal or Hardik and this is quite a hard choice given both of them are capable of beating the opposition single handedly just like Krunal did in the last year’s final.
– D Bravo is definitely a good player, specially his fielding skills. He can give you some crucial points with those catches and runouts. And dont forget his bowling and Batting skill.
– There is a conundrum in the bowling section thanks to too many good choices to choose from.
– But Bhumrah remains a must have choice and you can build around him for another 2 spots from our given options.
– We recommend only safe and death over specialists.
Stats that matter –
– Super Kings have a positive head-to-head against every team in the IPL apart from Mumbai, against whom they have won 10 games and lost 12.
– Since the start of the 2015 season, Rohit Sharma has had difficulties against legspin, having been dismissed nine times in 27 innings against that type of bowling while striking at 113.7. His IPL record against Imran Tahir is middling: 50 off 42 balls while being dismissed once